May 19, 2020 Update:
It is with a heavy heart that we inform you the Ontario government has just announced all overnight camps in the province will be unable to operate this summer season. This is hard news to share and we know that the idea of summer without overnight camp is incredibly sad. We are still awaiting guidelines for Day Camps and will continue to update you as we know more.
Thank you for your support and patience through these unprecedented and challenging times.
Thinking of you all. Stay safe. Stay well.
Joan Russell (Spindle) & Rachel Hawkins (Soleil)
Circle R Ranch
Please see the frequently asked questions below, and send us a message if you have any further questions or need any clarification.
Will camp run this summer?
We certainly hope so! We now know that overnight camp will not be able to proceed and are awaiting guidelines to determine if we will be able to open our day camps. Our top priority is the health and safety of our campers, our staff, and our communities.
We are currently accepting waitlist applications only. The anticipated guidelines and protocols may change the structure of our summer. Once we have made the decision on day camp we will contact all waitlisted campers to complete registration. Thank you for your understanding and support!
What is Circle R’s plan should circumstances change?
Similar to camp planning, we always have a Plan B, C, etc. Our team is devoting our time to planning for all contingencies and we’re ready to adapt as needed. We are thankful to be a part of the Ontario Camps Association to help navigate through these unprecedented times and come up with viable solutions for us and our camper families.
Possible adjustments include:
- Adjusting capacities and group numbers
- Adjusting procedures with regard to drop-off, pick-up, and busing
- Increasing our pre-screening camper and staff health checks and frequency
How will upcoming payments, deposits, and deadlines be dealt with at this time?
We will not be processing any remaining payments until we have made a decision regarding day camps. Rest assured, in the event that we do cancel OR you choose to cancel due to COVID-19 concerns you will receive a refund.
If you have already registered for Summer 2020, the best course of action you can take is to leave everything as-is.
What if my session is cancelled?
Please rest assured that we guarantee a 100% refund of all funds in the event that health authorities should dictate that camp cannot run this summer or you choose to cancel due to COVID concerns.
We will also be releasing a Horse Sponsorship Program – more details coming soon!
When will you make the call to cancel a program?
We will continue to monitor the situation and will make decisions based on recommendations and requirements dictated by our provincial and federal government and local health authorities.
What should I do right now if I have registered?
You do not need to do anything right now regarding your camp registration. Please work to stay healthy and follow the recommendations of the public health authorities.
You can find trusted current information at the following sites
London Middlesex Health Unit: https://www.healthunit.com/novel-coronavirus
Self-assessment tool: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0
World Health Organization: ttps://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019